So, a heavy equipment operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment machines in safe and effective manner. They should be able to operate every machine used in construction and when they are being used in the maintenance of roads, airports, bridge, gas and also oil pipelines, buildings and also other structure or projects. If something was to break on say a Caterpillar Dozer, you should know IHMusedparts.com always has Caterpillar Parts in stock. Sometimes they work in surface mining and quarrying activities and in material handling work. As a heavy equipment operator you have so many duties that you should do, and here are your duties as a heavy equipment operators:
- First, you should inspect, refill gasoline, lubricate the machine and also you should clean the equipment.
- Second, you should be able to operate heavy equipment machinery such as a bulldozer, wheel dozer, back- hose etc. Move from one place to another place and also you should be able to move the materials from one place to another place.
Here is a example of what heavy equipment operators four main type of the heavy equipment are: bulldozers, backhoes, front- end loaders and graders. Some operators of the heavy equipment work with several types of equipment while others choose to specialize in just one, so here we go:
- First is bulldozer: this machine is used to clear and level land.
- Second is back- hoes: these tools use so many various attachments like buckets and these tools help you to dump materials, dig trenches, load heavy materials and break rock or concrete.
- Third, is Front- End Loader: these tools help you to pick up loads of earth, rock, sand, gravel or snow, then moves and dumps them. You can do several jobs with this heavy equipment machine easily and also quick.
- Fourth, is Grader: These tools help you to control the height and angle of grader blades to spread and level earth or other materials such as snow, rocks, sand and etc.
Knowledge and Skills that are required for you
So if you want to work as heavy equipment operator here is the knowledge that you should require:
- You should know about the type of the heavy equipment machine, tools, and trucks.
- You should know the safety rules and regulations.
- You should have knowledge about water, garbage, soil and etc.
- You should be able to operate all front end loaders, dozers, graders, compactors, snow blowers and other pieces of heavy equipment.
- You should know how to maintenance and store this equipment.
- You should know about the workplace safety and procedure and requirements set forth for you.
- You should know how to clean and maintenance this heavy equipment.
- You should be able to operate every single axle machine, tools, trucks in a safe and also in a responsible manner.
- You should be able to operate all the requires heavy equipment in safe and also in a responsible manner.
- You should know about time management skills.
- You should be able and know how to making a decision, analytical and problem-solving.
You should know that operating heavy equipment is not an easy task for all people, it’s hard to understand every single tool in one machine. That’s why before you work in this job you should understand all the required skills and knowledge.